At LVB Structural we understand that the steel industry and steel fabrication can be confusing for builders and consumers alike. We aim to provide our customers with a start to finish solution for residential & commercial structural steel. We have a professional and experienced team to provide you a quotation for all your steel needs.
From general steel column and beam construction, to steel stairs, to artistic architectural steel features, our goal is to provide the most cost-effective and timely solutions possible, staying on deadline and within budget. LVB Structural can make building with steel look easy.
Our normal process includes:
- Take off from architectural drawings and engineering plans.
- Calculation of all steel members based on weight
- Evaluation of any lifting requirements
- Site visit to inspect the site access and layout
- Liaise with carpenters during set-out and framing
- Surface preparation and protection plain
- Full service installation including onsite fabrication
- Any additional works as required (labor hire, transport, crane hire, access etc.)
LVB Structural also provides fully detailed structural steel drawings for both on site and in the workshop as required.
The design office can facilitate a wide range of designs including:
- AutoCAD Drafting.
- Structural Detailing.
- Mechanical Detailing.
- Material Handling.
- Site Setouts.
- Architectural Layouts
- Proposal Drawings.
The “in-house” resources are complimented by the alliances we have formed with our sub-contractors which include:
- Survey Services.
- Civil Engineering and Design.
- Additional Structural Engineering and Design.
Our Steel Sales division plays a crucial part in customer service, whether it is for a $20 or a $10,000 sale.
LVB Structural can supply brick lintels for all residential and commercial works: i.e. flat bars, equal/unequal angles and T-bars including:
- Flat bars.
- SHS & RHS & CHS products.
- Retaining wall systems.
- Timber connecting cleats.
All hot dip galvanising of any steel products
We have a fully equipped, versatile workshop so we are able to take on any job, no matter how difficult or unique it may seem.
All work is performed and supervised by qualified trades-people to ensure a professional result every time.
All Boilermakers and Welding Supervises are WTIA Certified AS 1796-2001.
Material Data Reports can be formulated upon client requests which include material certificates, weld procedures, weld qualifications, workshop ITP, surface treatment ITP, weld test reports, weld maps and etc.
Our in-house capabilities include:
- Engineering, steel fabrication
- Delivery service
- Bandsaw cutting, Brobo cutting
- Profile Cutting:
- Mig Welding Machines
- Hydraulic Pressers
- Magnetic & Radial Drills
- Threading Machines
- Shear / Punches Machines
- Submerged Arc Welders
- Hydraulic brake press.
- Guillotine plate.
- Sheet metal rolling.
- General machining.
- Plasma cutting.
- Cast iron welding
- Bending – pipe, tube and rolled hollow sections
- Rolling – flat bar, tubing and rolled hollow sections
- Profile cutting
- Hole punching and drilling
We have some great examples of our structural steel fabrication and pipe work projects which you can view in our photo gallery.
Workplace Health and Safety policy defines commitment to health and safety of all workers and commits the management of LVB Structural to a vision of zero harm in the workplace. The policy defines Health and Safety responsibilities across the organization and commits LVB Structural management and staff to:
- Compliance with AS/NZS “Workplace Heath and Safety Management Systems”
- Workplace Health Safety Act and Regulations.
- Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.
- Workers Rehabilitatation and Compensation Regulations and any other legislation, relevant Standards or Codes of Practice
- A pro-active, risk management approach to OHS through the identification of hazards, risk assessment and elimination or control of those hazards;
- The provision and maintenance of premises, equipment, plant and substances that are safe and without risks to health;
- Consultation and co-operation between management and employees;
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as may be necessary to ensure our employees’ health and safety at work;
- The provision and maintenance of safe systems of work;
- Meeting welfare requirements of our employees where required;
- The provision of adequate information, instruction and supervision for contractors and visitors;
- The review of measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness;
- The expeditious return to work of injured workers to pre-injury duties;
- The provision of resources, in terms of personnel, time, technology and financial outlay commensurate with risk;
We are able to advise technical specifications to make sure that your products are manufactured in the most appropriate way to ensure the highest level of corrosion protection when your work is being galvanized.
No other method of protection matches galvanizing unique combination of:
- Low initial cost.
- Outstanding durability.
- Predictable performance.
- Low to zero maintenance.
- Resistance to both atmospheric and impact damage.
- Ease of quality control and inspection.
Hot Dip Galvanising after fabrication on most mild steel products:
- Structural and miscellaneous fabrications
- Pipe work
- Light metal fabrication
- Wrought Iron , balustrades & Handrail
- Spinning work (small parts)
- Reo bar and Mesh
- Boat Trailers
- Box trailers
- Traffic light poles
There’s only one way to provide yourself with guaranteed protection that’s stronger than steel, and that’s to hot dip galvanize.
Fully equipped paint shop with air and airless spray equipment and extraction fans for environmental and personnel safety.
LVB Structural offers an erection and mobile welding service. We have qualified Boilermakers, riggers and crane operators that are trained and ticket accredited and have the know-how and experience to get your structure standing. We have time proven, safe and cost efficient processes in place (refined by years of experience) to install the largest structural steel jobs.
We also offer competitive rates for on-site welding so we are well placed to fix any problems as they arise.
Our On-Site capabilities include:
- Understanding of requirements and possible site issues.
- Reliable, structured installation techniques..
- Less labour and onsite time.
- High standard of work.
- Safe work practices.
- Working at Heights
- Confined spaces
- Plant & Equipment Maintenance.
- Fully equipped site trucks with Lincoln 305 Diesel Welder/Generators.